Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Monday July 6, 2015

$SPY, $STUDY Todays trade, SPY150821C205, BTO #19 @ 9:56 AM @$5.39, STC #19 @ 10:54 AM @$6.00. 

I am never too old or too experienced to learn a new trick.  Up until last week I have worked exclusively with alert and manual order entry.  As you may have noted in my June 27th blog post I took a loss on the 26th as the result of being unable to quickly execute at my limit price due to volume volatility fueled by the rebalancing of the Russell index. It was not a horrific loss but as one who does not like to lose it hurt my pride more than my wallet.

Last week saw me working with the Active Trader utility and learning to navigate within the order entry utility with tool ‘trigger with brackets’. 

This tool establishes both a Limit and a Stop order using a margin which I control over the executed price.  In my case today I started with .25 Up and .10 Down.  After entering today as the market continued to rise I moved the Limit order up and slide the stop order accordingly, thus permitting the trade to capture a larger share of the days rise without the need to reenter trades. 


It took a little faith on my part having had some bad experience two years ago as I tried to master the OCO technique, which was in fact a second step to the order entry, worked well with existing positions but not quickly enough for my day trading activities.  The Trigger with Brackets fits my style a little better and personally I feel more in control of the process.  Good luck and good trading.



No comments:

Post a Comment