Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thursday October 9, 2014 Trade Follow Up

$SPY Just closed today’s hedge on .spy141122P197, entered @11:01 AM $4.34 closed at 11:44 AM @4.88, Contracts #35.



Earlier in the week I received a question on how I determine when to exit a trade.  The answer is simple when I either hit my Profit or loss limit. 

The limits are established by entering data points into a spreadsheet a picture of which follows. 

The arrows are generated by certain indicators which I have utilize and modified for my personal preferences.  The modified indicators come with the ThinkorSwim platform provided by T.D. Ameritrade, but since the risk associated with Options trading is large I am not willing to discuss this discipline blindly.  The platform is very user friendly and has plenty of tutorial material, so I recommend to those interested, download the platform and work at it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment